The farm house is something that is rarely mentioned as part of a farm. When we talk of farm equipment or supplies we usually are speaking of the barn and things outside of the house. In reality, the farm house is a major part of the farm. It is where we sleep, eat and relax after long hours working our farm and managing our livestock. In many houses, it is where we have our business/farm office. This is where we work the numbers so that all things fall into place.
If your house is like mine, very much lived in, it may not always be as clean as it should be, or is expected to be. But, I have a few tips on how to make the cleaning a little easier and faster so that most of my time can be spent doing what matters most.
- slit a tennis ball, place on a handle and use to remove scuff marks on tile floors before cleaning
- do a quick wipe down in the bathrooms daily to keep them fresh
- always have dishes clean before going to bed
- prepare coffee pot before bed
- do a quick sweep of kitchen floor after last meal of day
These are just a few little tips that I have found useful. It makes the big day, once a week or every other week. a little easier and not so overwhelming.
Having the Farm House in some kind of order, helps keep the farm running smooth.